Friday, February 10, 2017

"To the Point: Interview With Dave Perillo, aka Montygog" Response


I like how he got inspiration from the cartoons he watched as a kid. Sometimes the smallest of things we see at an early age inspire what we do later down in life. I got my inspiration to become a game designer from playing video games. I'm also glad that he knows that art doesn't always have to be serious. The game companies that inspired me have fun at conferences and when they do special promotions. If everything was serious it would get boring. I don't think I could ever self teach myself with the equipment to make video games costing way beyond my budget, but I like how Dave did both. If you just learn what others teach, how can you be original in your work? It's nice to see he uses some of the tools we are learning to use, mostly because if a popular artists uses it I think we can as well. Its nice to know he got noticed on a website such as devianart  but not many can. There are thousands of artists there posting new content everyday. He was a lucky one in a million to be noticed. I'm surprised at what he has done, even working for Disney, not many big shots can even pull that off. I'm interested in how far he can go as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment